Saunas have been used for many years as a therapy and are still popular today. A sauna can help people to unwind and relax, and it has many health benefits, including improving blood circulation, detoxifying the body and decreasing stress. Saunas usually have high temperatures and low humidity, and can raise the skin temperature to roughly 40° Celsius or 104° Fahrenheit. Saunas are generally safe for a healthy person to enjoy but one should always take some precautions before and after sauna use:
1. Food and Drinks: Other than water, eating or drinking before using sauna can put a strain on anyone’s circulatory system. Alcohol or any medication that impair sweating should be avoided before sauna bathing.
2. Remove Accessories: People should remove any metal or jewelry as they heat up quite fast and may cause irritation or burns. Skin may also swell due to the dry heat, which may make tight jewelry quite uncomfortable. Contact lenses should also be avoided as they might cause eye irritation or infection due to heat.
3. Limited time in Sauna: It is recommended for a healthy person should spend about 15 to 20 minutes inside the sauna. First time users are recommended only 5 to 10 minute use and gradual increase till 15 to 20 minutes. The time should be shortened if any user experiences any discomfort including shortness of breath, nausea, dizziness.
4. Hydration: The heat in the sauna can cause heavy sweating that can in turn, lead to dehydration. That’s why it’s recommended for people to drink water before and after the sauna or steam bath. It is recommended to drink two to four glasses of water after exiting the sauna.
5. Avoid Sauna Using in Illness: People who are illness or having certain health conditions are not recommended to use a sauna and should wait until they recover before using a sauna. Pregnant woman and people with certain medical conditions, such as low blood pressure, should consult their doctor before sauna use.
Saunas.com offers a wide range of saunas from world renowned brands. including Scandia, Avalon, Polar, Catalina, etc. In addition to traditional saunas, the store also offers infrared saunas, steam showers, sauna heaters, sauna accessories and much more.